Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Note to myself

Today is one of ‘those days’ when all I want to do is snuggle up in my own soft scarf, smell like myself, give a self-hug, feel the sunshine on my face, let the winter breeze spread through my skin and then, you know that train of thoughts that goes round and round, up and down, back and forth, in and out of your mind?
Yes, those crazy ones, just let those thoughts be, acknowledge them with a girly giggle, be mindful to not overdo complacency but yet kindle the fire within,
not despair to find my higher purpose but take the small steps needed to peel the layers of my inner calling,
not long for the imaginary life but lean on all the happy little things in the very now and just today,
not for once be troubled by others decisions and lives, but instead pinch the pride out of what I already have, my truest blessing, my everyday gift,
not for once doubt the power of love and kindness, but to gently grow it and give it,
not take my body for granted, but to pair it with a strong mind and together flaunt it like a magic lamp,

and to know that in all the years that lie ahead I will despite my learnings feel utterly lost, a little too helpless, torch bearer of pain and pity that nobody else can fathom because it is so mine and in the same berth as all the other good things. In the mammoth ship of life I am its captain. The voyage is not so much to cross the sea unscathed, but to dive within, knock on the doors of my soul and discover me, after all isn't this one’s greatest responsibility? 

No comments: